Wow – that’s what tonight’s dinner left me feeling like! I am absolutely blown away at all the fresh food that is used on a daily basis here! I’m loving it! Tonight’s meal consisted of:
– Eggplant parmesan with a tomato/basil sauce made from scratch
– Pork cutlets (reminded me of chicken parmesan but with pork instead)
– Arugula and carrots for the salad
– Bucatini alla Matriciana (pasta with a homemade sauce)
– Dessert, which was a homemade cake flavored with orange zest topped off with powdered sugar. Very good!
The food was delicious!!! Tonight’s recipes were making eggplant parmesan and Bucatini alla Matriciana. I had no idea what Bucatini was – it’s a type of thick pasta.
Anyway, I’ll just let you drool over it (see pics below). 🙂 I think I could absolutely do this at home – not a problem! The eggplant reminded me a lot of Jeff’s mom’s though this was different somehow.
The best part came at the end when she told me that next time we’ll be making…tiramisu! I love this cook – and I did finally find out her name, which is Alberta. I am soooo looking forward to it! Anyone who really knows me knows that I have found my heaven here.
Other things about today:
1) I finally was able to catch the electronics store open! I’ve literally been trying all week only to find them closed when they should be open, etc. For €3.90 I now have a European converter so my computer plug can fit it. It’s really the little things that make a difference! I was so limited without it using my computer sparingly – huge change!
2) My feet are somewhat swollen. Not sure what’s up with that. It’s probably the weather, which is warm, sunny, and somewhat humid especially in the afternoons.
3) I have mosquito bites on my feet, my legs, and my arms. At night I sleep with the window wide open (no screen) because there needs to be air circulating. The mosquitos find me and eat me up. Should I spray myself with “Off” insect repellent before bed?
4) I was surprised to find an Indian restaurant in town. I’ll try it when I’m craving Indian. I didn’t realize they’d have such a thing. That was new for me! There is a Chinese restaurant in town too. I will see what other cuisines I can find as time moves forward.